Preventative Dentistry in St. Charles, IL
Preventive Dentistry at Home
In order to prevent cavities and increase the health of your teeth, here are some of the biggest contributing factors toward a healthy mouth that do not involve help from your doctor:
- Brushing your teeth – The most obvious choice brushing your teeth is especially important after eating sweets. Remember to brush your tongue.
- Flossing – Flossing is always stressed, but rarely done! Remember flossing should be performed daily – a lot of the harmful bacteria live between your teeth or in places that you toothbrush cannot reach
- Eat a balanced diet – Limiting your sugar intake can be one of the biggest factors toward what happens in your mouth. Remember, bacteria and infections love sugar. Drink plenty of water, especially after sweets.
- Genetics – Unbelievably, some factors like saliva production are completely out of your control! Some people are more prone to cavities than others.
Preventive Dentistry at Keven P. Arnold, DDS, PC
Although there is plenty to be done at home, some work will be needed in our office. Here are the practices and procedures we employ to ensure that you live a healthy life!
- Regular visits – You won’t know what needs attention unless you find out. During your visits, you can schedule your next cleaning and check up on the progress of your at-home habits.
- Education – Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will guide you on how to care for your teeth at home and provide any additional instructions based on individual diagnoses and feedback.
Preventative dentistry is important to maintain a healthy mouth and contributes toward a healthy and holistic lifestyle. Call us for any more general knowledge or to schedule your next bi-annual visit!